SCAE/SCA INTRODUCTION TO COFFEE & GREEN COFFEE FOUNDATION | HONG KONG
This combined day’s course covers content from SCA Introduction to Coffee and Green Coffee Foundation, getting you up to speed on both theory and practical skills.
(Special Price ) Course fees:
Max 4 people per class
SCA Introduction to Coffee, 10pts
13 Oct (Sat) 16:30-20:30 or
21 Oct (Sun) 09:00-13:00 (English) or
28 Oct (Sun) 15:00-19:00
25 Nov (Sun) 17:00-21:00
SCA Green Beans Foundation, 5 points
27 Oct (Sat) 17:00-21:00 (2 ppl)
Class Size: 2-4
Cost: HK$3,700 (please confirm the seat availability with us before apply)
Please mention the class date when apply
10 points earned towards SCA Coffee Diploma (SCA Introduction to Coffee)
5 points earned towards SCA Coffee Diploma (SCA Green Coffee Foundation)
* What is speciality coffee
* The history of coffee from its origin to present day.
* The basics of the bean - Arabica and Robusta
* Coffee processing and flavour.
* Insights into roasting.
* The principles of brewing.
* Foundations of espresso brewing.
* Various brewing methods
* Basic milk texturing.
* Basic daily care of equipment.
* The coffee shop menu.
* Introduction to Cupping and exercise
* This is an introductory course that covers key concepts surrounding green coffee from growing the plant, through processing, shipping and storage to arrival at a roastery. The course is ideally suited for people new to the coffee industry or those looking to gain an insight into the broad subject matter of green coffee. It includes an introduction to the basics of quality checks, coffee grading, and taste/flavor differences due to processing or species.
SCA Introduction to Coffee
A short practical test and a written exam (25 questions with a pass rate of 60% required).
SCA Green Coffee Foundation
Written exam (15 questions with a pass rate of 60% required).
Practical exam (a pass rate of 61% required)
Testing is incorporated into the course time
Coffee Lab Limited (T.S.T.)
If there are no suitable dates showing, please contact us for further information.
(Examination and Certificate fee included, SCAE certificate will be issued if exams passed)