SCA INTRODUCTION TO COFFEE | HONG KONG
This is the first of the SCA Diploma
modules and a great base for anyone new to coffee.
INTRODUCTION TO COFFEE: 10 POINTS
Learn about coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today. From growing the cherries through grading, roasting, and brewing, this module provides an overview of the coffee value chain
1. Saturday, 7 March, 17:00-20:00 or
2. Friday, 13 March,19:00-22:00
* What is speciality coffee
* The history of coffee from its origin to present day.
* The basics of the bean - Arabica and Robusta
* Coffee processing and flavour.
* Insights into roasting.
* The principles of brewing.
* Various brewing methods
* The coffee shop menu.
* Introduction to Cupping and exercise
A written exam (25 questions with a pass rate of 60% required).
Testing is incorporated into the course time.
Coffee Lab Limited
If there are no suitable dates showing, please contact us for further information.
(Examination and Certificate fee included, SCAE certificate will be issued if exams passed)