SCA Barista Intermediate, Latte Art Grading System White Grading
AST/LAGS Trainer Student ratio: 1 : 1
Due to COVID-19 regulations, all courses no more than TWO trainees can attend a session.
Latte Art Grading System, White grading
PATTERNS to perform:
- 1 HEART
- 1 TULIP WITH AT LEAST 3 ELEMENTS
Barista Skills Intermediate
Designed to test key core and more advanced skills and understanding, expected from a competent Barista. Successful candidates should be able to dial in a brew recipe, make a full range of drinks with quality and speed, as well as understand the basic requirements for customer service and maintenance.
- Understanding of the components of blend/single origin being used
- Understanding of different species/sub-varieties and possible impact on flavour
- Understanding of different geographic origins and possible impact on flavour
- Coffee processing
- Cupping (tasting)
- Coffee freshness, degassing
- Understanding of different types of grinders “on demand”/traditional
- Understanding of how to produce balanced espresso and how to correct unbalanced
- Analysis of espresso extraction – brew formulas/brew ratios
- Basic milk chemistry
- Understanding of how different milk alternatives foam differently
- Demonstration of consistently good milk techniques to produce the correct texture and temperature
- Work flow, Efficiency, Layout – Demonstration of preparation of a range of commonly ordered drinks to a good standard
- Health & safety
- Customer service
- Understanding key problems with espresso machine/grinder
- Awareness of costs involved in preparing and serving espresso beverages
AST CHRISTINA CHAN
WRITTEN EXAM & CSP Course skills report & Practical Exam.
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
10 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Date: 29 May 10:00-18:00
Bundle Discount: HK$13,800/head (original price $16400)
(LAGS certified exam fee included; SCA examination and certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)
Held by LAGS Judge
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.