NUOVA SIMONELLI - OSCAR II 專業意式半自動咖啡機 意大利製造 (行貨)
About Nuova Simonelli
Nuova Simonelli is an Italian company with experience and tradition going back many years. It has been making espresso machines, which it exports all over the world, since 1936. Today, Nuova Simonelli can boast a vast range of products that are able to meet the requirements of the hospitality trade, right across the board. Company investments into R and D and the development of new solutions have brought important recognition: World Barista Championship, Compasso d’Oro for design innovation, the first ergonomic machine and cutting-edge applications. Our sales network is comprised of serious professionals – genuine consultants who know their market and are able to provide the right kind of assistance, on an ongoing basis. Today our mission is to continue with investments into research, design, training and assistance, so that we can play our part in your success. Nuova Simonelli: expressly for you.
Oscar is the professional espresso coffee machine which fits in all demands: from the domestic use for tasting good coffee or cappuccino till professional use.
homes, offices, small coffee locations
Features and Functionality of the Nuova Simonelli Oscar II
- Heat Exchange Boiler - The Oscar II's copper steam boiler offers efficient on-demand heat and an impressive milk steaming/frothing profile.
- Water Reservoir Sensor - An internal reservoir float automatically alerts you when its time to refill the tank.
- Touch Programming - Volumetric programming lets you set your ideal single or double shot dispense time (after dialing in your grinder).
- Articulated Steam Wand - An extra-long articulated steam arm makes it easy to froth just-right foam for your latte or cappuccino.
- Professional Portafilter - Just like the original, the Oscar II features a commercial-size 58mm portafilter.
- Cup Warmer - A top-mounted cup warmer helps to prep your mugs to an ideal heat for preserving the flavor of espresso shots.
- The Human Element - Single and double espresso buttons (and a manual steam lever) are the only controls you need for delicious daily espresso.
- Feeling Hot Hot Hot - The Oscar II's heat exchange steam boiler lends piping hot heat to espresso shots and a best-in-class steam wand.
- Steam Superiority - Seriously, the steam wand on the Oscar II is frakking amazing. An analog switch at the top of the machine taps directly in to the machine's boiler for a really, really satisfying steaming/frothing experience.
- Preeminent Ergonomics - Someone put a lot of thought (and testing) into the ergonomics of the new Oscar II. The portafilter handle is canted so that your brew basket sits level on countertops for tamping, the steam switch is prominent and easy to find by touch, the frothing wand is extra long and mounted on a 360° ball joint, even the drip tray grill is curved for easy replacement after cleaning.
- Shiny Metal Toaster - BSG references aside, the Oscar II's futuristic design is great, but we wish they had focused a bit more on the fit and finish. Our unit's drip tray rattled whenever it refilled its boiler and the reservoir/boiler indicator lights are deceptively built in to the silicone button pad.
- Clashing Colors - Our review model sported a flat gray steam switch and portafilter handle, breaking the otherwise clean chrome and black colorway of the unit.
Ease of Use5
Ease of Care and Maintenance5
How Does it Compare?
The newest iteration of the Centurion Oscar features a much lighter design and a faster warm-up time than the original. The case of the Oscar II also features a mirror-finished chrome instead of its predecessors plastic build.
Tips and Tricks
The steam wand on the Oscar II has quite a bit more oomph than what we've seen on other home espresso machines. If you're having trouble frothing milk with the switch fully flipped, try holding it partially open for a more controllable stream of steam.