KALITA Coffee Grinder/Mill ( KALITA手動研磨器)
可調教不同研磨度, 虹吸, 法式, 手沖, MOKA 壺, espresso粉等
HARIO Coffee Grinder/Mill (Hario手搖式攜帶型磨豆器)
Weight: 350 (g)
No. of cup use: 2
虹吸, 法式, 手沖, MOKA 壺, espresso粉等
HARIO Ceramic Coffee Grinder/Mill Skeleton (Hario手搖式攜帶型磨豆器連咖啡儲粉器)
Kalita ceramic slim mill (手動式)
Product Weight: 391g
Gift Box size (mm): 52 × 52 × 221
hopper capacity: 30g
powder received capacity: 30g
Made in Taiwan
Orphan Espresso Lido 3 Grinder
The OE Lido 3 Manual Coffee Grinder shares the same engineering principles and design ethic as our earlier Lido grinders. Though designed as a Travel Grinder, with reduced weight and a streamlined profile, it easily does daily service on the home kitchen counter for every type of coffee brewing. The folding handle allows it to fit into its custom case for toss & go packing for any trip. The Lido 3 grinder is full size and full featured.
Orphan Espresso Pharos
With every grinder a central question arises....WHY does this grinder perform in any specific way? What are the design characteristics that makes one grinder perform FAST and another SLOW? What burr bearing system is advantageous for espresso grinding? What functional elements promote an even coarse grind from one grinder which will not perform well in the fine ranges? How can it be that one mill with evident burr wobble and obvious burr wear can produce consistent espresso grind while another grinder, seemingly never used, does not grind to consistent particle size for almost ANY coffee brewing method? The answer of choice to all of these questions would be of course....MAGIC!!!....MYSTERY!!!....but in reality it is DESIGN and ENGINEERING.
We began our PHAROS project with a set of functional demands that we have for a hand grinder and 3 years of feedback from other hand grinder aficionados....an ideal hand grinder should be:
- Fast...giving a good speed to power ratio to allow rapid grinding at all coarseness levels...no one, it seems appreciates a slow grinder.
- Consistent....producing uniform particle size through the range with incremental stepless burr adjustment
- Convenient....changing grind settings should be direct and understandable, not to mention repeatable
- Maintainable....the grinder should be easily taken apart for cleaning
- Durable....hand built to last and not a use it and toss it item
- Sustainable...all parts can be replaced for any reason for infinite use
The heart of the PHAROS is a 68mm conical coffee grinding burr set as used in top of the line commercial grinders. We built the grinder around this burr.
The inner burr is mounted in the center of a long stainless steel axle which is held at the top and bottom with replaceable oil-less bronze bearings center fit into the top and bottom plates.
The outer burr is attached to the center plate using 4 bolts, with the upper hopper chamber composed of a clear poly carbonate sleeve held inside the bolts. The pc cylinder above the burr creates an internal hopper which holds about 21 grams of beans. Cylinder filling is through the openings at the top plate bearing.
The functional demand of this design is that all elements are precisely centered in relation to each other to allow for maximum centered alignment of the burr, axle, and assembly plates.
The grind adjustment is made using 2 knurled nuts at the top of the axle, under the handle. The lower thumb nut is moved up or down the threaded shaft to establish the grind setting (the gap between the inner and outer burr) and the upper thumb nut is tightened down against the lower to lock the setting. Adequate tightness of these two nuts is generally made with the fingers only but additional torque for tightening can be added by use of a bar or pin to tighten these two nuts against each other. The turning handle is installed above these two adjustment nuts by use of a custom made thin jam nut...all topped off by a top cap which covers and protects the threads.
The lower grinds hopper is composed of ABS plastic with cap head bolts installed into the upper and lower edges, which are in turn fit into holes in the center and lower plates. The thick walled ABS with its alignment bolts prevents torsional stresses from distorting the mechanism and provides the structural rigidity needed to withstand the forces produced while grinding. The lower grinds hopper contains a molded ABS plastic funnel, penetrated by the burr axle which terminates through the bottom plate of the machine. The funnel is closed with a rubber stopper.
The aluminum plates and components within are all held firmly by the use of long assembly bolts. There is no glue or other fasteners used in the machine so it can all be taken apart and reassembled as desired. PVC standoff bolt covers are added on the assembly bolts to allow assembly without danger of over tightening and bending the aluminum plates...no tuning or fiddling is required, simply assemble and tighten the bolts to snug.
For rock solid stability when used as a counter top grinder, the Pharos uses a dense custom pad made from 100% recycled rubber to fully support the machine.
The result of our efforts has been to meet all of our stated design priorities, and exceed them in some areas....The PHAROS is:
- Fast AND powerful....grinds at all coarseness levels at about 25 turns per tablespoon of beans, Turkish to French Press with increasing turning force required for finer settings
- Very uniform fine grinds and from our tests a good coarse grind (this is the hardest grind to produce on any grinder) with about 5% of the grinds passing through a .5mm test screen. We have read that when grinding fresh beans on a coarse setting that these unavoidable "fines" are likely inert particles of the bean hull and do not effect extraction.
- The top adjustment makes the grinder convenient to set and change adjustment settings. If one looks at the grinder from the top and think of a clock face, then partial and full revolutions of the set nut can be established quite simply....inserting the bar or pin in a hole of the lower set nut will allow an even finer degree of visualization of the movement of this nut and very small changes can be made in the setting.
- For cleaning the lower hopper or burrs, the lower plate is removed to access the grinding mechanism. Remove the lower frame assembly nuts and bolts, take off the handle and it is all in front of you for service. Assembly is simple and the burr alignment is not changed during cleaning and maintenance.
- Durable and sustainable....5 pounds of aluminum, plastic, steel, and standard (not proprietary) assembly parts speaks for itself!!
New! Orphan Espresso LIDO E Grinder
The new OE Lido E Manual Coffee Grinder is designed Especially for Espresso. It features an enhanced bearing system to deliver the grind consistency required for espresso & Turkish coffee. The grind setting mechanism is based on extremely fine thread adjustment stack which allows very small particle size changes to be made easily
and repeatably. All of the metal body components are EPD coated aluminum, allowing for a weight similar to our Lido 3 travel grinder. Anti-Static catch jar & ConeTop™ Portafilter Dosing Tool round out the Espressocentric design of the OE Lido E Manual Coffee Grinder.
Orphan Espresso LIDO ET Grinder
The OE Lido E-T Manual Coffee Grinder is designed Especially for Espresso when Traveling! It features a folding handle and an enhanced bearing system to deliver the grind consistency required for Espresso. The precision Swiss made conical burr is also great for any style of brewing! The grind setting mechanism is controlled by an extremely fine thread adjustment stack which allows very small particle size changes to be made easily and repeatably. All of the metal body components are EPD coated aluminum. Anti-Static catch jar and zippered Travel Bag are included