Rancilio Classe 20 ASB 2 Groups
Multi-boiler espresso machine available in 2 or 3 groups with automatic dosing (USB) and Advanced Steady Brew technology (ASB).
775 mm / 30.5 inch
550 mm / 21.6 inch
568 mm / 22.4 inch
74 kg / 163.1 lb
Max cup height
80 mm / 3 inch
Interface and operations
- Digital display Digital display to control all coffee extraction parameters in real time.
- Grouphead display
- Touchscreen 4.3''
- Digital display Per group
- Advanced Steady Brew Each independent group is equipped with a micro-boiler and a heating element to ensure that both the water and the group are kept at a constant temperature. Baristas can easily set different temperatures for each group via the touchscreen.
- Multi-boiler system Each independent group is equipped with a micro-boiler and a heating element. As well as keeping the temperatures of both the water and the group stable, the multi-boiler system improves the thermal performance of the machine, even when simultaneously brewing espresso and steaming milk, and allows different temperatures to be set for each group head.
- Brewing group Brass
- Hot water wand
- X-Tea Baristas can programme water dosages and temperature levels via the interface. Rancilio Patented Technology
- C-lever The C-lever steam valve is operated by rotating the knob just 25°. Turning it upwards, the valve stays open. Turning it downwards, the valve opens and automatically closes when released.
- Cool Touch Steam Wand The cool touch steam wand is thermally insulated with a double-layered protective coating.
- The cup warmer keeps all espresso and cappuccino cups at the right temperature at all times.
- Heating Control Temperature sensor
- Main boiler capacity (steam) 11 liter
Microboiler capacity (coffee)
- 2 x 150 ml
- Brass Ergonomic Portafilter
- Grid System
- Led lights White LED lights positioned under the group heads provide excellent illumination for the work area.
- RGB lights The aesthetic RGB lights can be customised with different intensities and colours (Classe 20 only). The functional RGB lights on the group covers (Classe 11, Classe 7 USB) and above the control panel (Classe 9) help the operator to monitor the various states of the machine at a glance.
- ABM ABM is a specific software developed to improve the performance of the machine in conditions of intensive use. When simultaneously brewing espresso, dispensing water and steaming milk, ABM switches on the heating element to pre-empt any drops in pressure under the preset value, thus preventing drops in temperature to ensure constant heating levels. Control of the boiler pressure is optimised in the case of the intensive and simultaneous use of multiple group heads. In these cases, in order to prevent the pressure from dropping below a minimum value of 0.5 bar, ABM can stop water from being dispensed until the boiler pressure returns to a suitable level. ABM also allows for control of the machine’s power consumption, reducing it to 2/3 of the normal value where power availability is low. For espresso machines equipped with the iSteam wand, ABM also improves steam delivery performance by increasing the power of the heating element in the boiler, allowing it to produce more heat and reduce drops in pressure during milk frothing. Rancilio Patented Technology
- Auto ON-OFF It is possible to set the automatic on and off times for the machine (Classe 11, Classe 20) or set the automatic on time and the power-on hours (Classe 9, Classe 7) for each day of the week.
Cleaning & maintenance
- Advanced Diagnostics
Thanks to the Advanced Diagnostic system, technical intervention times are reduced to a minimum. The “Technical” menu includes a “Service” function allowing users to test all the machine’s systems, to simply tap on the interface to check all components are in good working order, and to pinpoint faults or technical problems without having to inspect internal elements.
- Easy clean
Easy Clean manages the cleaning process of the group heads, so it can perform it all automatically. The barista need only start the cycle, and the machine will automatically carry out the washing and rinsing operations. For all models (except the Classe 5 units), Easy Clean also allows you to schedule a daily alarm (3 alarms for the Classe 11 and Classe 20 models) to warn the user of the need for a cleaning cycle, set an optional block on the machine in the event of a cleaning cycle, and view the history of all cleaning cycles performed.
Snap&Share is a QR code reader app that allows users to share the technical settings of their espresso machine, keep track of maintenance operations, monitor consumption, and register new products to activate the warranty.