SCA BREWING FOUNDATION
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Sat) 12 Feb 09:30-13:30 or
2. (Wed) 23 Feb 09:30-13:30 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
- Designed to introduce the novice into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee.
- Aware of the process of getting coffee from the farm through to the final drink
- Aware that coffee varies in flavour based upon different varieties, origins and roast
- Brewing guidelines – WATER TO COFFEE RATIO, GRIND SIZE, BREW TIME, WATER TEMPERATURE, BREW TURBULENCE
- Filter methods – Aware of different filtering methods: paper, cloth, screen, metal filter
- Brewing methods – Aware of a range of different equipment used for brewing coffee
- Aware of the correct methodology require to make an individual filter coffee/pour over
- Aware of grind size by brew method
AST CHRISTINA CHAN (all modules covered)
WRITTEN EXAM & CSP Course skills report. (Foundation)
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
5 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Tuition Fee: HK$3,000/head (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)