SCA INTRODUCTION TO COFFEE & BREWING FOUNDATION
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more attention
1.(Tue) 15 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
2.(Sat) 19 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Sat) 12 Feb 09:30-13:30 or
2. (Wed) 23 Feb 09:30-13:30 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
Introduction to Coffee
Introduction to Coffee is an ideal course for anyone who is new to the coffee industry or just has an interest in this wonderful drink. It charts coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today, enjoyed by millions of people around the world. From coffee process, roasting, brewing to tasting, this course gives a general overview of coffee’s supply chain. This half day course also includes a “coffee cupping” which allows you to taste the various flavors of coffee has to offer.
- What is speciality coffee
- Coffee history
- Understanding the beans
- Sensory Skills
- Cleaning & Maintenance
Designed to introduce the novice into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee.
- Aware of the process of getting coffee from the farm through to the final drink
- Aware that coffee varies in flavour based upon different varieties, origins and roast
- Brewing guidelines – WATER TO COFFEE RATIO, GRIND SIZE, BREW TIME, WATER TEMPERATURE, BREW TURBULENCE
- Filter methods – Aware of different filtering methods: paper, cloth, screen, metal filter
- Brewing methods – Aware of a range of different equipment used for brewing coffee
- Aware of the correct methodology require to make an individual filter coffee/pour over
- Aware of grind size by brew method
AST CHRISTINA CHAN (all modules covered)
Written Exam & No Practical Exam. (Introduction)
Written Exam & CSP Course skills report. (Foundation)
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
15 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Bundle Discount: HK$5,800/head with SCA Introduction to Coffee (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)