SCA BARISTA INTERMEDIATE
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Fri) 14 Oct 13:00-19:00 or
2. (Thu) 27 Oct 13:00-19:00 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
Barista Skills Intermediate
Designed to test key core and more advanced skills and understanding, expected from a competent Barista. Successful candidates should be able to dial in a brew recipe, make a full range of drinks with quality and speed, as well as understand the basic requirements for customer service and maintenance.
- Understanding of the components of blend/single origin being used
- Understanding of different species/sub-varieties and possible impact on flavour
- Understanding of different geographic origins and possible impact on flavour
- Coffee processing
- Cupping (tasting)
- Coffee freshness, degassing
- Understanding of different types of grinders “on demand”/traditional
- Understanding of how to produce balanced espresso and how to correct unbalanced
- Analysis of espresso extraction – brew formulas/brew ratios
- Basic milk chemistry
- Understanding of how different milk alternatives foam differently
- Demonstration of consistently good milk techniques to produce the correct texture and temperature
- Work flow, Efficiency, Layout – Demonstration of preparation of a range of commonly ordered drinks to a good standard
- Health & safety
- Customer service
- Understanding key problems with espresso machine/grinder
- Awareness of costs involved in preparing and serving espresso beverages
AST CHRISTINA CHAN (all modules covered)
WRITTEN EXAM QUESTIONS & PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
10 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Tuition Fee: HK$10,200/head (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)