SCA BARISTA SKILLS PROFESSIONAL
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Fri) 18 Feb or
2. (Sat) 26 Feb
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
Students are expected to have a detailed understanding of their ingredients and of the techniques available to maximise the quality of the drinks made. They should be able to manage the skills of others to produce quality drinks and provide excellent customer service, as well as be able to maintain their equipment to ensure continued quality.
- Full understanding of your beans: species, origin, processing and roast, and what flavours this gives to the barista
- Full understanding of how freshness affects the extraction process and espresso flavour
- Full understanding of various grinder features – including motor speed, size and type of burrs (flat or conical), grind distribution, construction
- Analysis of grind size particles
- Evaluation of features of different tampers, styles of hand tamp
- Full understanding of latest features of espresso machines (temperature stability, pressure profiling, multiple boiler, PID, pre-infusion)
- Full understanding of extraction measurement tools and technics to asses espresso (espresso brewing charts and formulas, refractometry and software)
- Full understanding of the components of milk and its production process
- Demonstrating of techniques to consistently produce high quality “micro-foam”
- Develop greater latte art skills
- Develop and design your own drinks menu
- Understand regional variations in drinks produced around the world
- Manage hygiene, health & safety in your cafe
- Manage customer service in your cafe
- Learn how to check and manage water quality
- Understand what drives profit and loss in your cafe
AST CHRISTINA CHAN (all modules covered)
WRITTEN EXAM QUESTIONS & PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT.
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
25 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Tuition Fee: HK$15,800/head (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)