SCA BREWING INTERMEDIATE
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Sun) 5 June 13:00-19:00 or
2. (Mon) 20 June 13:00-19:00 or
3. (Sat) 25 June 13:00-19:00 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
Designed to introduce the intermediate into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee and understand how to chart different brew styles.
- Aware of grind size and extraction surface area, how this impacts the final drink
- Aware of the influences of under/over extraction due to particle size
- Aware of particle size by brew method in Microns
- Aware of the aroma in cells and impact of time
- Aware of heat build-up and controls while grinding
- Aware of the different grinder types in the market
- Understand the different roast levels and the impact on the brew
- Understand what happens during the brewing process
- Brewing guidelines – Water to coffee ratio, grind size, brew time, water temperature, brew turbulence
- Brewing and charting filter coffee
- Understand the difference between Strength and Extraction
- Aware of the taste of soft water and hard water
AST CHRISTINA CHAN (all modules covered)
Written Exam & Practical Assessment (Intermediate)
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
10 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Tuition Fee: HK$9,200/head (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)