SCA BREWING PROFESSIONAL
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Sat) 19 Feb or
2. (Thu) 24 Feb or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
Designed to introduce the professional into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee. The course tests the ability to navigate the coffee brewing control chart and understand how to plot in required points. You also will understand lipids in coffee and the impact of acidity.
- Understanding roast level vs brew
- Understanding the importance of by-pass and how it can affect the brew
- Understanding grind size vs cup taste
- Understand how extraction tastes in the cup
- Understand how strength tastes in the cup
- Understand the impact of temperature while brewing coffee
- Understanding acidity in coffee brewing
- Understanding lipids in coffee
- Understand water hardness and its impact on taste
- Understand water treatment options available
- Understand impact on taste and recommended levels of hardness and alkalinity for quality brews
- Understand the breakdown in coffee aroma and taste over time
- Understand the different ways of holding coffee
AST CHRISTINA CHAN
Written Exam & Practical Assessment (Professional)
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
25 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Tuition Fee: HK$12,400/head (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)