SCA INTRODUCTION TO COFFEE & BARISTA SKILLS FOUNDATION
Due to current Covid 19 situation and for safety concern, we provide only one person class for all courses except learners know each other
1 person class you get more attention
1.(Tue) 15 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
2.(Sat) 19 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us
SCA Barista Skills Foundation (5 points) SCA Trainer Student ratio: 1 : 1
1 person class you get more practice
1. (Thu) 10 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
2. (Sun) 20 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
3. (Fri) 25 Feb 09:30-12:30 or
*Also check other schedules for this course with us.
Introduction to Coffee
Introduction to Coffee is an ideal course for anyone who is new to the coffee industry or just has an interest in this wonderful drink. It charts coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today, enjoyed by millions of people around the world. From coffee process, roasting, brewing to tasting, this course gives a general overview of coffee’s supply chain. This half day course also includes a “coffee cupping” which allows you to taste the various flavors of coffee has to offer.
- What is speciality coffee
- Coffee history
- Understanding the beans
- Sensory Skills
- Cleaning & Maintenance
Barista Skills Foundation
This course gets you up and running with all the key skills you need to operate your espresso machine, from setting your grinder for perfect espresso extraction, foaming and texturing your milk for the full range of café drinks, through to care and maintenance.
- Arabica & Robusta
- Coffee Freshness
- Understanding the importance of maintaining hygienic and organised workspace
- Identification and naming of main parts of a grinder and espresso machine
- Espresso: Temp, Distribution, Tamp, Dose, Yield, Time, Grind, Under/Over extraction
- Milk: Freshness, Texturing (micro-foam), Pouring technics
- Demonstration of safe and hygienic work practices
- Equipment maintenance
AST CHRISTINA CHAN
Written Exam & No Practical Exam. (Introduction)
Written Exam & CSP Course skills report. (Foundation)
- Online written exam to be done within 21 days.
15 POINTS FOR SCA COFFEE DIPLOMA (WITH CERTIFICATION)
The course is globally accredited via the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
Bundle Discount: HK$5,800/head with SCA Introduction to Coffee (SCA Examination and Certificate fee included, SCA certificate will be issued if exams passed)